Questions and answers, Things you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask.
Recently I had a comment about how "we Paris girls seem to have nothing better to do then dress up and take pictures of each other."
Clearly this upset me and I'm going to have to share that with you.
1. "Paris girls" is not how I will be referred to.
My name is Sophie. I live in France as per the lords calling and it ain't always easy I'm telling you.
I'm not in any way French. We are all quite different people and we/me don't like being put in a "Paris" basket.
2. I'm not entirely sure what exactly bothered you about the dress up picture. Was it seriously because you thought this was ALL I did?
Perhaps you think I spent money on the costume.
Let me clear that up for you.
With a little creativeness, cardboard glasses and some humility, you can make a good costume from just about anything.
We are quite blessed with numerous scraps of provisioned material and crafty hands.
Big TX to Heidi who lent me her special birthday shoes.
And now for what you've been waiting to hear. Yes I do in fact own a checkerdy red dress..OMG
3. I do not have allot of personal money. Like everyone else in my profession there has been times when I've abounded, and times where I've abased..allot more of the latter, and in fact now is one of those times.
But praise the Lord, we have a rich God and I'm not lacking one necessary thing.
4. I've been to some blog roundabout and I've seen homes that dress up every week..they look like they have a good time so who's judging.
I've been to other people's blogs that talk about they're fluctuating body fat ratio and they're work out routines or favorite alcoholic beverage.
I guess to each his own.
Me, I like to post useful little tidbits (useful to me that is), and pictures sometimes so friends can see how my little family and I progress.
If once or twice I year there are dress up pictures your just going to have to handle it.
5. Maybe you'd like a little run down on what I do on a daily basis besides my carrier in dress up..
*Childcare, cooking and cleaning,HS duties, out reach, fundraising and follow up,provisioning and CTP's plus 6 hours out of house local language study a week.
I attend long and tedious home meeting where we actually do accomplish things.
Wow I'm starting to sound pretty average, I guess that's because I am.
I'm not sure what exactly is going on with your bitter, critical/ hateful gossip.
But let me tell you, it certainly isn't a fresh new godly mind set, and at the very least will end with you aging badly.
14 comments:
Sophie, my guess is that whoever Asshole Aiden is, he was just trying to wind you up. And you're really falling for it. This kind of angry rebuttal is exactly what the anonymous blog-stalkers want. And you're giving it to them! You don't know who this person is, he could be a 15 year old with too much time on his hands. Obviously you do way more than "play dress up", why do you feel the need to rise to their taunts? You should just delete like most other people do. Right now you're coming across as if he really hit a sore spot....
Jay, while that's true and I'm very aware of it.
This is the first of this sort of comment on my blog and I'd rather adress it once, and delete any new comments of the sort.
This way they know my mind on the matter, and if anyone has been harboring quiet thoughts of this nature they can straighten them selves out.
well done Sophie...
and I do love those pictures. always enjoy checking out your blog or others within your home. It's great seeing how you put alot into birthday parties/activities there...
some of us need to leard to have more fun and get out of ourselves more
thanks for that
xxx
Keep rocking, lovely. Down with the haters.
Heh, I've actually had similar thoughts when viewing Paris/European blogs, but the thoughts were more like "boy they know how to dress up and have a good time!" It's a good thing, and so are you.
"This is the first of this sort of comment on my blog"
You lucky lucky girl!!!
Once when i deleted someones negative comment about me, they commented again saying "you're so conceited that you only approve comments that praise you." And i hated the thought of that coming across. but then i realised that if you do it soon enough the person who commented is the only one who will know and who will think your a proudass, and they already dont think too highly of you to begin with.
deleting comments just makes it much easier. But of course, i like your post and everything you stated!
this is my first time on your blog, and i like it very much. i will definitely come here again. and to those who think all you do is dress up and take pictures...they are judging your life by a few photos...not very smart. i love you Sophie! GBY!
sophie, i thought those pictures were SO CUTE and i love it that you guys actually put something into your costumes. i know so many homes who's "dress ups" (if they can be called that) are nothing more than someone throwing something random on and trying go unnoticed. i like it when people make an effort to make it fun and aidan is mean! i love your blog. xxxx
Thank you guys.. I was expecting allot of anon's to say nasty things, and instead I get lots of love from other disciples.
Greatly appreciated. Xxx
no one actually really cares. :)
he just HAD to didnt he...
Repeat after me, "we care, we care..." :)
ha...Sophie don't be such a martyr about ppl posting "bad things" about you..after all, you do enjoy taking pics dressed up and not only with your clothes on...and last I saw you, you were just going on and on about you "horrible strech marks" and all, when ppl know that when you become a mom that usally happens and you really should not even go there cause you look so good even after having a kid..so there....
and here I thot that Sophie's blog would be one of the only blogs I've seen lately that hasnt had trashy comments ...
I think some ppl just look for blogs like this to do some damage..such a shame and waste of time.
I love dress up and you're as cute as a button :o). I wish I could visit your home sometime.
--Clare
Post a Comment