Tuesday, May 08, 2007

When is doubt____?

For many years whenever the conversation of Sophie having a baby came up it was generally a drunken joke.
People who knew me well would say without a shadow of a doubt that I was the last person they expected to get pregnant.

Well quite honestly I was the last person to want to be pregnant, until one fine day I found out that it was quite possible I would never again be "with child".

This is how that story went...glean what's gleanable

*
Going for the gold sounded great in theory.. but I had made up my mind that God likes children way too much..you "go for the gold" and actually fuck, you end up with at least one of God's favorite blessings.
But I liked sex, sex sex, and had no intention of having a baby with anyone at the time.
So, after a few mistakes, I opted for 4 years on the pill, and a medal probably just under bronze.

While changing countries and doctors I ended up with a pretty iffy pill that was making me nauseous 24/7, and my hair started to fall out..
It became abundantly clear that I needed to stop, gain some weight back and let my body readjust before getting back on that wagon.
So I stopped...except my body didn't readjust, and I proceeded to go almost 2 years without one single ovulation.
(girls know what that means, boys don't care)
Being as I never knew when I might get back in gear again I still had to be careful, and when we got Rubbers in the provisioning (I know how unlikely), I figured God was giving me an easy way out.

Obviously this was new, and while at the beginning enjoy the freedom no cycle entails..after a year I have to admit it was less fun and more worrisome.

At a regular check up, the doctor told me that if I wanted to have a baby I would have to get some sort of fertility treatment, which may or may not work. Now that the future looked childless, children seemed that much more cute, and that much less of something that a spanking was the answer to all it's problems.

Last October our rubber stock ran out.
I prayed about it and figured since I was hopeless I might as well stop being careful as well.
BOOM..although I didn't know it for almost three months, I got pregnant that very week.

Moral of the story...SPERM IS SHOCKINGLY POTENT.
Also, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE GOD'S SNEAKYNESS

Beauty for ashes???

8 comments:

Luca said...

I like you humor (if nothing in that post was supposed to be humorous, then I'm sorry), and I totally understand from top to bottom. That's what I always tell ppl: "You go for the gold and you will have kids, it's mathematical". I think you'll make a great mom, and I'm not just saying it like most ppl do.

The Silver Princess said...

I belive it's called satire

Anonymous said...

well, luvy, its great, thanks for sharing all that-and letting us into your life..

Anonymous said...

Yes, God is bent on getting every woman pregnant. He just waits till you slip up & then he can blame it on you! har har!!! And what can you do? Complain? Not when he says it's a really special present. It's kinda like when your kids bring you home lots & lots of wilty ugly flowers back from the park & you have to act all excited & put them in water & make sure they live for as long as your kids see. But not exactly since unlike the flower your kid won't wilt & get thrown in the trash but rather expand & become a monstrous huge "Matador" like vine that you have to take care of for 18 years or so. I'm loving it! BTW, I'm prego with my 6th. So this is not bitterness speaking but rather acceptance. All that to say I liked this post.

The Silver Princess said...

wow, congradulations on number 6, how do you manage all that, aren't you just barely older than I.

well I guess "family" wise I'm starting later than average.

Anonymous said...

Hey, well I'm not sure how old you are! I didn't know you know who I am but I guess you know my lil' sis is Elaina etc.. I'm 26, I've been at it for 10 years now. Don't worry, no one ever gets used to having kids (at least not us "human" ones!)

The Silver Princess said...

No I don't really know you, just the pictures I've seen.
I'm 23

Anonymous said...

"DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE GOD'S SNEAKYNESS"
Rather don't overestimate your sneakiness. ;)