So you've been studying..
( in blue are quotes from your link)
However, throughout the past year in studying physics and cosmology, I have run into several different problems concerning Astrology
And come to these conclusions..
So no longer do I ask why it would work, as I now know that it empirically does not.
In the end, although it is a rather nice conversation starter (What sign are you?) it doesn’t seem to be good for much else. Selah?
So you studied something that you turned out to disbelief in part..so you wasted your time, and misery loves company.
I'm starting to believe that you have posted this here simply to get another argument in your blog's comments...rather then waiting for me to maybe go to your site and find it.
So that's cute, you want publicity, at least that's one thing we can safely establish.
(I say this because my post was obviously not on the workings of the stars, but a look into my personal life and the way I tend to handle things, as well as a thank you to the stability in my life which I've tried and proven.
There was no astrological facts in my post, so there was no need for ambitiousness as I wasn't stating anything that was relevant to any ones life but my own. ..sides I left the ambitiousness up to you, and look how well you've done with that)
Anyone who says as a fact that astrology works or doesn't, is only stating they're own opinion.
And while I normally really enjoy debating on points with no set answer...I usually feel like I've wasted my time and mental energy if I can't be proven correct/false.
I believe astrology + ones faith on the matter is allot like religion, and likewise your stance.
We put faith in the unseen because it has either worked for us, or we have received confirmation through our beliefs that it is a correct and established truth we can base our lives on.
Proof or the lack of it becomes a moot point, and the eventuality is that we will believe what we want to.
Personally I'm not too into astrology, allot of it doesn't add up in the people I've known.
There are of course some basic principles that those under the same sign seem to share, and this was in part something my previous post touched on.
(there I was talking about the relations between Scorpio and Capricorn, not because I've read up on it or spent a moment of my time with a Linda Goodman freak, but because I've noticed that there is a substantial amount of couples that share this mixture, and are prosperous)
I'm definitely pro learning from my own experience than another man's mistakes, facts, and fiction, so excuse me for not reading the comments attached to your post that I'm sure were very helpful to your personal search for truth in this matter.
Selah , oh and do take all the salt you want as well
PS. if you want to battle the stars with me I'm sure you can find my ID somewhere..being the resourceful boy that you are
8 comments:
"So you studied something that you turned out to disbelief in part..so you wasted your time, and misery loves company."
I do not see how studying something and finding it to be false is a waste of time. Shall we all live in ignorance for fear of finding something that we always took for granted was actually wrong? I am not saying I agree with the fl35h in his views on astrology. Rather it was the principle of your comment that I disagree with. I'd heck sure want to know if I was believe a lie, even if it took many hours of study.
a good point..not completely relevant to my discussion with fl35h.
but then I guess neither was my smart ass comment.
although I think I was referring to the fact that he was obviously questioning these "vastly important issues"..so he gladly spent his time on it, while I hadn't an intrest in it at the moment, but he preferred I wade through his commentary on the subject.(thus wasting my time)
maybe I wasn't clear..does this make sense?
Good deal - a post dedicated to me.
The content is precious as well if not a little hard to follow.
On "So you studied something that you turned out to disbelief in part..so you wasted your time, and misery loves company."
I don't see how studying to prove something false results in wasted time and misery, a quick scroll to the bottom of the comments would have shown this revealing jewel:
Like Antisthenes said: "The most useful piece of learning for use in life is to unlearn that which is untrue."
But that (scrolling down that is) seems to be far too much work at this point.
On "I'm starting to believe that you have posted this here simply to get another argument in your blog's comments...rather then waiting for me to maybe go to your site and find it."
Start and then stop. I'm here because Hickaru-kun wanted me to comment on your EU vs USA post, while here I noticed the Astrology references and being in a particularly picky mood commented on them. I did not actually think a rebuttal comment would ensue, much less a post dedicated to me.
On "So that's cute, you want publicity, at least that's one thing we can safely establish."
Heh, that is too good, I won't even go into this one.
On "Anyone who says as a fact that astrology works or doesn't, is only stating they're own opinion."
That's right, although apparently not in the way you understand opinion to manifest itself, as such a declaration would be nonsensical. You see, any statement that relates to the world around us is inferential by definition; as such the only conclusions reachable are probabilities. id est, you can never reach an absolute fact that has anything to do with anything around you.
Probability arguments are strong mind you, such as the probability that you will still be on the ground in the next minute given the space between today and tomorrow (gravity).
On "And while I normally really enjoy debating on points with no set answer...I usually feel like I've wasted my time and mental energy if I can't be proven correct/false."
Oh well then as you won't ever really be proven correct or false. However, given the more or less recent Aristotelian dichotomy ousting you won't really need to. But to pop back into your worldview, Astrology can be debated and come to a contextually true/false conclusion, don't you worry yourself with the silly notion that it cannot.
On "I believe astrology + ones faith on the matter is allot like religion, and likewise your stance.
We put faith in the unseen because it has either worked for us, or we have received confirmation through our beliefs that it is a correct and established truth we can base our lives on.
Proof or the lack of it becomes a moot point, and the eventuality is that we will believe what we want to."
They are a host of problems with that paragraph and I'm not going to get into them because I would rather not damage your faith over a squabble on astrology.
I would also rather not "battle the stars" with you, that is, unless you have got something that Astrologers for the last 400 years of scientific history have yet to come up with of course.
On a different topic: are you going to WSIV or is it only the band?
don't you just love waking up to long comments which come as a direct result from ex's needing help in the back up department.
At least you were a good choice on his part.
Admitedly your way to change the subject of the conversation and ramble on is quite uncanny.
If I have more time to spend here I will undoubtedly return with something to hit you with.
oh and one thing, please don't imagine you could ever damage my faith, with your vast wisdom on astrology..that makes us both look cheap and very infintile
On gloomier topics..no I won't be coming to WSIV, although I would have liked to, I won't be quite myself at the time.
aren't you excited.
PS.if possible, try to not put peoples links on my blogs..I mean who wants to be connected to me after all
"don't you just love waking up to long comments which come as a direct result from ex's needing help in the back up department."
Hahaha! That's funny. I chuckle. Keep telling yourself that, ma dear.
Dear anonymous, laughter does good like a medicine..but it's also helpfull to explain yourself.
on other topics, if you don't have the guts to post your name don't bother comenting.
in the future, comments which state... well nothing really,
will be concidered spam and duely deleted.
I'm gonna stay out of this one, as I've already written a third of a book on the case against astrology and don't feel like repeating myself.
Mancer:
I don't expect you to read everything that's been written on the debate to which f|35h referred you, but if nothing else read the last comment or two, as I believe them to be pretty conclusive and a good indicator of the conclusions that most intelligent people would draw having read the entire argument.
I guess it would be useless to once again state my non interest in astrology at this point.
So alright, if there is some severely amazing stuff in those last two comments.. I shall get around to it.tx
Post a Comment