Monday, February 19, 2007

Temet Nosce

I've always despised the idea that no man is an island.
I liked to think I can live completely unaffected by others filth or what have you.

Ofcourse it's been years now that I've come to the realization that unfortunately I am not as immune as I thought.
Perhaps the people who've changed me most have been the ones I hoped would change me least , like people I loved but wished never to become, those I've learned to distrust and dislike, and the ones I started out being so similar to

Everything changes.. a moment will change your life, a brief uncomplicated and unimportant decision, going out vs staying home, sex or no sex, words or silence, look or look away, ask or don't, let it pass or seize the moment.

So many situations of this nature pass us each day and we are constantly deciding which path we will make, take, or turn down.

I regret the streets I could have taken with people, places I could have gone with one word or affirmative glance.
I regret the spots I went to that I can hardly recall, and care nothing for.
I'll never know which of these many veins was "the one".
how many "the ones" have I missed and how many more will continue to fly by?
Am I at the bottom or the top, and since theres no gravity which "up" should I be heading to?
If I could know where I was, what would it change.

What for instance would change if I blocked an IP address..would I be better or worse for distancing myself from your island, and what makes you keep coming back to mine?
What am I to you but a building block in anothers life..are you looking to see what I changed in them, if anything.
What does the knowledge give you and what does it take from me, but most importantly, how will it in turn effect them.

If you chose a path by the path of another, is it really your path at all, and what makes you think they made the right choice?

No comments: