Wednesday, April 29, 2015

sea sick

Once I loved you,
And you were like the sea.

So strong, you raged around me..unpredictable, temptation.

Highs and lows unrivalled, I found myself in the wonder .
The pieces that made me, lost in your depth.

As the shore, I faced the tide.
You came and left with the moon.
my limit, my balance

But greedy ocean needed more,
needed to sweep me into the sea,
needed all of me.

Saturated with you I waited for the tide to pull you back..but Moon never came.

Ocean rushed down my throat,
needing to ride my heart,
succeeding only in drowning me.

Now lapping gently against my feet, you invite me to try the water.
Remind me of warmer days playing on the shore.

"I've changed" you say.
"no expectations"
"Let's be friends" you say.

But when I look into you, greedy ocean looks back.

And though I feel the tug of the tide, and your heat on my flesh.
The salt in my mouth reminds me that this is the last place I died.

No comments: