Anyone who's been in a relationship for several years will know that the butterflies get caught after awhile, sex 3 times a day turns into once, and you start seeing a lot more dirty clothes than you had anticipated.
If theres snoring, instead of turning them gently as you might have done in the past, you reach across your sleeping kid and kick them..just a little.
I remember Lovers that have come and gone, and how I expressed myself with them.
The desperate need, profound meaning, lame poems(cause you just can't keep it in). The way you think you could just die from not having them with you, in you..so so close. The ups and downs, the raving phone calls.
Exuberant .. Love that becomes more meaningful / lustful , and takes the place of more important things
Along the way I've forgotten what it's like to want to marry someone just because you love them, and not because you were knocked up, needed paper work, found a good dress, or just wanted to stop being lonely.
Love is more than reaching and tears.
Love isn't gone when you've had and held for awhile.
It's here in everything, it's the steady comfort you need when you've grown up and left home, it's the person who warms up your side of the bed for you, the one who won't judge you or stop loving you because you might cry over your "loved and lost" list.
It's the little things and not the grand gestures that you used to require, but NO less lovely and important, more so even.
Its the trust that takes years to build and makes you feel safe.
Less fireworks, but a thermostat that keeps the whole house at a steady temperature.
Love like this trusts, and knows when to let you enjoy someone else's firecrackers, knowing you'll return tomorrow.
I like many others fail to verbalize on the long term, which on the short term I would have expounded on in whirly writting.
How much more the ones who stay deserve.
Lets all make more of an effort
8 comments:
That was Beatiful!!!!
sorry to comment when you don't know me, but I stumbled on your blog, (eh yeah "stumbled" is always a nice way to put it, actually I just enjoy browsing through strangers blogs eheh) anyways, I just wanted to say that.
damn I spelled beautiful wrong, lol
well thank you kindly stranger
This was my favorite part:
"Less fireworks, but a thermostat that keeps the whole house at a steady temperature.
Love like this trusts, and knows when to let you enjoy someone else's firecrackers, knowing you'll return tomorrow."
Great analogy.
are you getting married? :D
thank you, and nope no marriage on the horizon
i have to second everyones opinion. so beautiful.
you're a really great writer, btw. i always enjoy reading your posts. x
Post a Comment