Recently a friend said, "Follow your heart, everything else is secondary". Simple words, meant to heal and represent wisdom.
(I'm sure he meant them very nicely and I want to clarify that this isn't about him, but rather about the thoughts they ignighted)
However, that was not the welcome they received, all the little red flags went up,in fact I found my self brooding and brooding on them all day long.
This is my conclusion as to why they upset me.
1) It's just not a realist's state of mind. Your heart doesn't have the pay grade to make such decisions, that's what your brain is for.
2) We don't live in a fairy tale world, people have responsibilities, such as children or marriage, where there are times when you have to hide your passion under a bushel and take one for the team.
3) Sure you might even enjoy it, and it would feel great if you had absolutely no guilt complex about all the people you'd hurt on the road to"follow your heart".
But it's selfish, so damn selfish, and it really pisses me off to see people live this way because it makes the "real world" just that more nasty for realistic people.
In ending, it's not moralistic, it's not Christian, in fact to find God's will it might be something you have to sacrifice quite regularly.
And I suppose it's insulting to all the things I've given up out of love for others.
3 comments:
the preceding post was about life, friends, the passing and uncertainty of time (a very autumnal post, in truth) and other such general musings. And it is in this key that my comment is to be interpreted...
My comment was basically directed at the life we live here on this earth.
And time here IS limited. In heaven it's not. So we need to leave to the full, not letting the facts and the day-to-day morass of harassing habit stifle the vision and the goals we have in our hearts. We must not let anyone or anyone turn us away. To do is in truth to die a slow death.
Again, "follow your heart and intuition" must be read in the context of the sentence before it "Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice."
It has little to do with relationships (in the broader romantic sense), but a consideration on the values of life and the commitment to our destiny as time is passing us by.
Clarity of thought is medicine to the mind.
http://polymerclayexpress.com/
is the site that we ordered our clay supplies from.
have fun looking!!
right, I've actualy been there allready I think.
I've tried ebay as well with some good and bad results.
tx
Post a Comment