To me, being anonymous says several things about a person.
* you aren't sure of your argument and don't want to be connected with possible failure.
* your contributing something which is against the word, or simply unloving, and you don't want it written in "your" book of life
* you don't want me knowing you read my blog (this is stupid, as with todays many quality in depth site meters, unless you are someone I have never heard of, I can most likely find you, and/or already know your keeping track of me..that is when my snazzy program isn't on the fritz)
* you agree with my posted position on a topic, but don't want to be in anyway affiliated with me. (this I can almost understand as I do tend to be rash at times)
* a pride trip brought on by idiocy or coercion, causing you to feel emotionally raped by the public when posting remotely personal things.
This is generally an all smoke but no fire technique, as the need to "get out there" often lends to posting rather "revealing" things elsewhere, and while sticking to they're guns about "publicity" and keeping the anonymous approach, The principal is all but ridiculed.
and then there's Mr anonymous' version, which I actually hadn't given any thought to previously...being rash again no doubt
I will summarize and post it below for your benefit
* keeping it impersonal helps to be aware of and minimize personal influence over a debate. Being that courteousness is imperative, remaining anonymous -he believes- helps to separate the idea and the person.
And while I think its nice to give yourself these stipulations in order to not lose your temper and become personally involved...I think that ruins the principal.
The principal being, well more or less "Onanism", yep, remember that guy (Onan)who kept "spilling his seed" on the floor and then got struck dead.
Well my brain tends to make some odd connections and obviously the example takes some stretch of the imagination..but it had a point, that is to say I had a point.
Your ejaculating your bastard ideas, without taking responsibility for them
You should be constantly learning to control your self, and even if you use guide lines like "Mr. anonymous" does..it shouldn't be a long term solution. We should eventually adopt the reaction of Love as a habit.
I don't like anonymous people, I think it shows a lack of pride(the good kind) and respect.
If you wouldn't want it attached to your person, chances are you shouldn't be writing it down.
Besides it's rude.
I don't want to hear from someone who doesn't have the courage to stick they're name at the bottom of it.
If you don't believe in what your saying why should I.
It's the principal..it's always about the principal
5 comments:
I agree with this post...well written Sofi
Shucks, you didn't get the argument you were hoping for. Should I post some argument-starting comment? Jus kidding.
WOW! That was a fabulous rant!
I love Sophie!!!! Down with the cult of "anonymous! I say
good point.
good writing.
Post a Comment