Thursday, March 29, 2007

Please forgive me

Years I remember on bended knee
unseen, unknown, who was nothing to me
just a name on a paper, a wife or a mother
some times I cared, sometimes I stared at the wall.
I laughed at the adults making indian noises
wondered at the tears till they became mine
some one is praying I'm sure she supposes
another foot growing, bends all my fingers & levels my spine

With weighty heart I come to pray
I'm tired now and used to the hall
feet and responsibility have dampened my day
some times I care, some times I stare at the wall

Today is rough, it's the day you died
I can't remember if I begged till I cried
was I desperate enough, was I daily there
did I pull enough weight, or carry my share
And wondering now who looks at that gauge
will you see me with gladness, or should I try to look small
cause when your name was passing that page
was I really caring, or simply staring at the wall.

For Victoria Esperanza Manzanera Serran, the person longest on the prayer list who passes away 18th of march 2007

2 comments:

CurlyCel said...

Convicting and, sad to say, too true! Did you see the blog they put up in memory of her? I just came across it today.

http://loving-memory-victoria.blogspot.com

The Silver Princess said...

yes I've seen it.
I think I got used to the fact that she would always recuperate at the last possible minute.

this poem is not a great work of poetry and not meant to be judged in that sense.
I hoped we could all revaluate our intercessory pray habits