Once again another year has passed here, and my anniversary of appreciation is several days late.
Like last year we have an Olivier theme, not cause I haven't done it before, because I have, but because he's a vast majority of my life which you never hear of but which certainly exists behind your back, and has for almost 4 years.
So in case you don't know, I am not actually a single mother in the making.
I do in fact own an extremely loving, good looking, and useful boyfriend that likes to snuggle and put large amounts of uncontrollable hair in my face when everyone knows that sleep is a one person activity.
Oh he'll drumming on every available surface, making rhythm with our silverware at meal times, drumming when we're trying to watch something, and when the house would be other wise quite for a perfect and unusual moment in time.
He even drums with his toenails on the wooden bottom of our bed,yes, much to my horror.
(and he will still tell you he doesn't get near enough practice in, obviously I don't need to specify his awesome drum skills)
That being said:
My Bad Absalom is also an extremely talented man..a mechanic, driver, electrician, handy man, ice hockey player, plumber, good with kids, a musician, and loves the Lord allot in his quiet way.
He can fix your digital camera, and play any instrument he picks up..singing..well ah, not so much.
To add to this list he has extreme patience, is a long suffering home shepherd, and puts up with me nagging him about sending in his next HSTP's.
If someone asks him to fix, make, or do something for them, he'll always say yes even if it encroaches on his personal time.
Olivier is the kind of genuinely "Good guy" that often finishes last in the running and usually gets used..I have to admit that I'm often at fault here, it's hard to appreciate something so good until it's gone.
I'm sorry that I sometimes push you over the edge, that I think more of my own desires and needs then yours.
Please forgive me for often taking you for granted, you mean allot to me even when I don't get around to saying it, or showing it with visible proof.
Your really all I have these days, your my family, friend and lover
I don't know how you put up with such a fickle girl, when you could have the pick of the litter.
But even when I cry so much that I am almost unrecognisable and my eyes start swelling shut, you still look at me.
and that's what counts
I'm not a weirdo, freak, unique, crazy, or awesome.
In fact the only thing that really defines me is that I clearly do not deserve the blessings the Lord gives me.
1 comment:
Awwwww. I think things like this are what keep him close to you.
Love is not earned, it's accepted.
I don't know Oli that much but all you said is clearly obvious. He is a super guy.
Post a Comment