dirty dancing with the spirit
I found freedom on a page
leaking tears that set me free
loving a life that breaks me
is only a reasonable service
giving you what no one else wants
being honestly smoke and mirrors
and having nothing worthy in myself
still knowing you find me precious
you tape my rejected heart together
I can beg you to love me, but I don't have to
you've never made me work for it
I've never had to deserve it
your as real as flesh and blood
even though I never believed
I blocked you out so often
controlling the pace and style
I bound my broken feet and smiled
walking with my bloody head held high
and my heart dragging behind my proud feet
you never left me behind when I did you
you know my sins and never gossip
you forgive me over and over and over
I break my promises to you all the time
you've never broken one or judged me
I can never pay you back
I have been such a proud prude
and it has taken me losing everyone
to realize how much you love me.
this is why all I can do is love you
No comments:
Post a Comment