Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Dorian Grey

And there lies your prestigious name
next to a yellow grin all pomp and splendor.
Not moved a whit by the heat or gore
Strangely it draws my eyes as I wonder how to wait
Waiting for the truth I know you'll give

Then in a moment your gone
without a word or thought, just gone
I fancy it's the ice taken hold
barricading you in till spring
and I enjoy the respite, I wonder what your doing

hardly noticing your one person short of the party
life is a blaze of coulor
in an ever changing emotional state
a fragile life springs and is nourished

While I wait on the other side of the ice
While I wait, I hope in a history to loud to be lost
I hope in a memory once flawless
I hope in the honesty we are
and I see the ice melting

Once taken up you are entirely lost
not to reason which was never yours
Lost to the public, wrapped in song
Purified and pampered
Pitied and puffed
Your portrait remade and reversed

While I wait on the other side of the ice
While I wait, I lament and look to chance
vaguely seeing your form doesn't still me
Yells "our history is to loud to be lost"
and I see the ice melting

To loud to be lost indeed?
what ever posssed her to have an idea like that?
Indignant shame surrounds me
trying to pull the ice like a blanket to my chin
through blushing heat the ice melts

Staring at the new world
as if you'd never walked that road
I see you pity me,
pity me?
can eyes so full of joy still have place to pity?

He pities me, I wonder why
I'v always wondered why
he's always made me wonder
Questions and no answers
He's allways made me wonder

But I offer my hand
again
Cocking your head you except it
your gentlemanly behavior
Genuine trust and acceptance in your eyes
My heart swells, and you quiet it when you say..
Have we met?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

undescribably beautiful!
I have no words!
AGV