
He's so big now, he's falling out of my arms and I bend over to kiss him giving my tummy a few involuntary wrinkles..I kiss him more then he would like, and he stirs in his sleep greedily reaching for my breasts, frowning when he finds sweater.
His hair smells like...baby.. baby soap, baby sweat, and that smell that is solely theirs. I love the way he smells.
I want to hold him while he sleeps, crushed against me for as long as possible, but I know it's time to put him in his bed.
His cold little bed so far from mine, funny how two feet seems such a swim.
I lay in mine waiting for him to move, snore, anything really to let me know he's right there, make him more real to me then the dark says
Waking up to nurse I pull him close, nearly smothering, I want to feel as much of his skin against me as I can.
When he laughs I feel such happiness, I am overwhelmed with joy.
I wake up with his little hands slapping my face, discovering how far my nasal passage goes, and pulling my lip out only to let go so he can hear the slap of it against my teeth.
It hurts, but I wake up smiling
These are things I never could have understood without having a baby of my own
6 comments:
The last line I think sums it up pretty well. Things you will never know until you have a baby of your own...
Such a sweet post...
yes, we change.
we all do.
you for the better.
And you for the worse?
sorry to hear it.
Your in my prayers A
also me for the better
but this is your blog not mine
compliments and blessings are 4 you here
Sofi, he looks so much like your dad! Every time I see a pic of him it amazes me how much of your dad is in that little face.
And wait till he can put those chubby little arms around your neck and say "I love you, Mommy". It's to die for! :p
intense.
you know..if when I have a baby he's half as cute as yours I'll be a happy mom. :p
Post a Comment