Friday, October 05, 2007

Sing me a story

It was a world of pretty pictures,
the dream you lived in when
when you weren't asleep
dreaming of us
White teeth and brown eyed
irreverence beating back the past
that so lovingly held you
in unassuming hands

Tanned and empty, letting go
proud and right, so very right
dreams of honest spaces
where no one takes hearts
from one hand to fill the other
Wiping a slate clean
of past grades you retook
year after year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This World is more than pretty pictures
This dream I live in.
Though when asleep I'm still
Dreaming of us.
Green haired, blue eyed
Futile -beating back the past
That He so lovingly holds
In omniscient hands

So torn and empty, letting go
Meek, contrite -hope for right
Dreams of honest spaces
Where He who holds hearts
Can fill the one as well as the other
Some wisdom to glean
from past grades I retook
Year after year.