Normally this would be easy and vague, but nowadays I know there will always be several people who by proxy know what and whom I'm referring to.
This puts me in a place that's a little itchy and makes me a little wary to wake up in the morning with your commentary.
Still I stand today maybe a just a tad nerdy, but not forgetful of those who've made me what I am..which obviously isn't much but I enjoy passing some of that fault to you
I remember the first time I saw you, I thought you were one of the Yangshwa natives..haha, how embarrassing.
You reminded me of mosquito coils, and lunch box's with pork bristles in them
You held on to me loosely, but in such a away that I wasn't smothered and didn't want to leave.
You made me be respectable with my mother, and got on my case when I slacked of on my devotions.
You always told me my drawings were great and gave me tips, even when they fell so sadly short to yours, which they always did.
You held my hand when I wouldn't have offered it, but inside wanted just that.
I didn't mind being called your dofu, or the men waving money out of they're cars and yelling "duo shao qian/ do sou chen?" because they thought I was a Russian whore.
you knew I was too proud, but instead of trying to break me you crossed the distance and didn't waiting for me to.
I told you I hated getting flowers, never actually having received one.
You got me one on my birthday anyway, telling me all girls like roses at least once.
You were right
We were cheesy and immature, we wore matching pants, played network games together on freeday, and read Blood and freedom wrapped in a blanket.
Cute memories, young and cute, and a very long time ago.
Memories that lived in a place where joking about getting married on the beach and surfing for a honey moon seemed common place.
Stacked in a row on a mopehead, or walking home in the rain , you saying you loved the feel of it on your lips.. we were an illustration out of a book
Since then I imagine our relationships like our lives have changed a great deal, and then there are other things that seem not to change at all.
I enjoy getting inappropriate letters from you that I have to hide but when I read them I appreciate both your way with words and the sentiment carried.
Allthough we're not those people any more, and may hear things about the other that we don't like, I know your good inside, and I hope you feel the same about me.
Often we are both kids who want what we can't have..but sometimes, times like now, we are both satisfied.
These are good times
I pray this new year brings the best for you and those you love, and that each growing responsibility only brings greater fulfillment, not more strain.
I hope and wish that you try to appreciate the past, even those who've changed you in ways you didn't like.
Take nothing for granted, and there will be nothing to regret.
xxoo
No comments:
Post a Comment