it's true, I go places, I take one look at a post and judge.
things cross my mind like:
Did they actually wade through Utube to find this, or did they rip it off some other person with way to much free time.
The abundant "I'm a photographer" posts....skip
People who blog about other people babies...I just don't understand them, but I try to appreciate they're sincerity.
Those who don't enjoy naming posts..when really it's almost the best part of writing
The artist's who want to be recognized
And the people who post blah because it's been a week and there hasn't been any new brain waves.
Still I've been all those people at one post or another..maybe not the one about other people's children..but never the less.
I suppose I secretly made peace with judging because they judge me too.
Checking on me daily, they have all but decided what my discipleship level must be, and where I fit in the food chain.
I think what people see in others most, is the greatest filth that is inside them
(and again I'm not excluded)
Here I sit hiding all the fabulous controversial things I would like to write about, behind a fear of not being completely understood and misjudged..hiding from the correction that comes from the masses that fit as many of them shoes as I do.
your ruining my perfectly honest campaign.. and while I know I need reproof on allot of things..what I'd really like to say is.
feel bad about it.
also.
Q: Why do we care about what others think, when all that really matters is what Jesus thinks of us.
A: Because reputation can change allot for us in The Family, it can decide what one thinks of your home, your continent, it can drastically change your possibilities for finding a new home or situation.
Reputation can in fact ruin your Family life.
Conclusion: Stop the gossip, and give people the benifit of the doubt.
Most are far more then what you read about them
3 comments:
Excellent post.
Hey, you have a blog that's actually fun to read.
So I have a quick question: Isn't it kind of risky to justify being judgmental by assuming others are as well? What if they're not judging?
Very unfortunate about the reputation business. Let's see... the gossip I heard about your home is that you ladies dress so impeccably that coming to devotions in stockings and a garter belt (& I assume some sort of something on top) is an every day occurrence. Heh, as far as wacky reputations go I think that one is the best! ...of course, now I'm totally intimidated by your overly-developed femininity & devotional standards and never want to meet any of you in person... ever. I'm afraid you'll judge me for wearing boxers.
I'm a sinner.
just cause I've been justifying my self..doesn't mean I am justified or even feel justified.
and about our home..everyone will be pleasantly surprised to hear that most people come to devotions in the PJ's.
except for Chesco whos allways clean and neat and hates to see us in bathrobes.
Post a Comment