Were she perfect, one would admire her more, but love her less.
-Henry Grattan
My life closed twice before it closed
and yet it remains to see if imortality unveil
a third event to me
So huge so helpless to concive
as those that twice befell
Parting is all we know of heaven
and all we need of hell.
-Emily Dickinson
The next room's light, that too goes out, and now the chill of night.
-Shiki
There will allways be another reality
to make fiction of the truth we think we've arived at.
-Christopher Fry
A thousand hearts are great within my bossom
Advance, our standards set upon our foes.
-Shakespeare's Richard II
"I did this" says my memory
"I cannot have done this" says my pride remaining inexonerable.
eventualy my memory yeilds.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
All excellent things are as difficult as they are rare
-Benedict Spinoza
Life hangs by a slender thread which soon is cut and we are dead
so travilers boast not if thou might
we're here at noon and gone at night
-A grave stone on a hill
The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible
and there ariving is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise
-Plato
Friends may come and go, but enemies acumilate.
-Unknown wise person
Death is over, there is no more death
instead of death there is light.
-Ivan liynch
Prisions are built with stones of law
Brothels with bricks of religion
-Blake
Give me libery, or give me death
-Patrick Henry
Hand I the heavens embroidered cloths
enwrought with gold and silver light
The blue & the dim & the dark cloths
of night & life & half light
I would spread the cloths under your feet
But I being poor have only my dreams
I have spread my dreams benith your feet
tread softly, for you tread on my dreams.
-WB Yeats
That all should cry beware beware
his flashing eyes and floating hair
Weave a circle round him thrice
and close your eyes in holy dread
For he on honey dew hath fed
and drunk the milk of paradise.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
I have drunkt he wine of life at last
I have knownt he best things best worth knowing
I have been warmed through and through
never to grow quite cold again untill the end.
-Edith Wharton
Life my change but it my not fly
Hope may vanish, but it may not die
Truth be veiled yet still it burneth
Love repulsed yet it returneth
-Shelly
Seek not for whom the bell tolls
it tolls for thee
-Ernest hemingway
1 comment:
"The soul takes flight to a world that is in invisible. There arriving, she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in Paradise."
Plato wrote that. ;)
Post a Comment