Thursday, April 13, 2006

A tribute

I never wrote anything to let people know that M-A is a year older, wiser and more beautiful and gracious than ever.
this has been a year of learning many hard things, that most don't learn till they're old.
thus of course she has a vast measure of maturity which is part of what I love.
she has a deep faith and love in the lord that I really both appreciate and admire.
she's always honest with me and sometimes we have been harsher to each other then sisters would have been (mostly me).
She gives me space, and understands when I'm awkward and trying to fill space up with words.
Happy birthday Marie Ange
I pray that this year, even if you hurt me as much as I have hurt you, I will love you as much for it as you have loved me.


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;

I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.

I love thee with a passion put to use

In my old grief's, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,

I shall but love thee better after death.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

No comments: