Thursday, April 06, 2006

Seek not for whom the bell tolls, It tolls for thee

here I am, long red hair and tired eyes.
bell dangling between my breasts as I slouch
I've had everything and I'm empty
I have the best friend in the world though
and in this respect no one could be more blessed than me.

One thing about the law of love that I have learned is this:
Sometimes the greatest love you can show isn't to sacrifice
to do something or someone that would not normally be your prefference.
What's much harder and requires real love
is to not do something you want most, to save possible pain to people you love
Giving up your gain, even when you feel they don't have the right to ask it of you,
thats the essence of the law of love, it's the part no one adhears to and it's whats most often the cause of hurt feeling

One day M-A, I will have earned your friendship.
I am acutely aware of my unworthiness at this time
and it's only by great grace and love (that you don't know you have),
that I am honored to have you as a friend and confidant

No comments: